Sunday, October 11, 2020

My Sunday Stitchy Update 10/11/20

Halloween is fast approaching! Do you celebrate Halloween? I know that in a lot of places Halloween is new to them and/or not as popular as it is here in the States. Are you stitching anything for the holiday?

Right now I am stitching two designs for Halloween. I was trying to do some on each everyday but by Tuesday I gave that up and decided each will get worked on every other day. 

First up I joined Caitlin's Witch-A-Long! That is a fun little name she gave it. The witch is a cutie and I changed a couple of things on her but I love how she turned out.

Started 10/05/20
Finished 10/10/20


I am also working on the Stitchonomy SAL. The designer; Alicia releases a small motif each day that goes into the frame of the design.  Today I back stitched the ones I already stitched and hope to catch up on the days tomorrow. Here is it thru the 9th.

Halloween 2020 SAL
Designer - Stitchonomy
Progress 10/11/20

I had to move the Eye of the Newt to a different location since I added an eye to the Crystal Ball and that is why it looks so lonely all by itself.  I didn't want all the eyeballs to be in one area! 

Now I do stitch a lot of Halloween designs but sadly this year we will not be participating in Halloween. We have decided not even to decorate so that we don't mislead trick or treaters into thinking we may be giving out candy. This year with the COVID virus still out there and spreading everyday we think it is to risky to open our door to people we don't know and exchanging candy and the hugs many of the small kiddos like to give. I pray that this virus will be under control one day soon and the world can return to a kinder and happier place for all. 

Hope you all have a great stitchy week
and thanks so much for stopping by,
see ya next week with another faithful update!

10 comments:

butterfly said...

Lovely stitching .
I like to stitch for the GGD children each year , but like you I am not decorating the porch this year , to many lives lost this year and I think
this year we should all stay safe.
Have a fun week .

diamondc said...

Faith: Your witch is adorable.
What a fun thing to do a Stitchonomy SAL, we do not celebrate Halloween any longer.
Witch-A-Long what a fun name.
It is amazing how this covid thing has thrown a wrench into the world.
Have a great week.

Catherine

Robin in Virginia said...

Your stitches look good, Faith. They canceled trick or trunk here because of COVID and being unable to control social distancing during the event. Have a good week!

Astrids dragon said...

I've seen Caitlin's witch and she's adorable, I still need to stitch her. Yours looks so sweet!
Now I really need to start filling in my days, great progress.
Since no one comes to our house, I still decorated outside since it's nice to see from the road. I think trick or treating is cancelled around here, but Nathan has outgrown it so no worries. But I like to dress up and go out!

Cathy said...

Both of your Halloween stitches are lovely. I especially love the little witch. We never decorate, but do sometimes get Trick or Treaters. This year, I'm planning to have David turn the lights off so we can pretend we're not home. Kyleigh has decided she's too old so that's a good thing this year, too.

Linda said...

Both projects are lovely Faith.

Linda

Manuela said...

The little witch is so cute. I love her.
I have some pumpkin stitching for my autumn decoration, but not Halloween.
Have a nice day. Manuela

Katie said...

The witch is too cute! Love the stitchonomy pieces too. Looking great.

Rachel said...

Both are so cute! Good luck keeping up with the SALs. :)

Bethan said...

Your witch is so cute! We don't do anything for Hallowe'en - we bought sweets for Trick or Treaters last year but no-one came (which isn't surprising). I do love all the colours of Hallowe'en though!