Sunday, July 04, 2021

My Sunday Stitchy Update 07/04/21

Happy Sunday Everyone! I hope that you are enjoying your weekend! We are now in monsoon season and I am (impatiently) waiting for the rain to come. I hope it comes soon because we are in a drought and can really use it. 

This week I continued to work on the Quilt Squares through the end of the month and I made it to the seventh square. That square is not complete but hopefully it will be complete soon!

Artist - Loretta Oliver
Progress 06/30/21

And now it is Christmas in July! 

If you are a long time follower of mine than you probably remember that I stitch each person in my family the same character every year for Christmas. This year I looked for some that were much smaller than last year's ornaments (they took me forever!). Durene Jones has quite a few designs which contain each of the four characters I need and so I decided to stitch up one of the sets. 

This is the one I settled on.

I will need to stitch the reindeer,
Santa, snowman and the penguin.
If time permits I will stitch the other two (LOL).

Anyways I started them:

Christmas Characters
Reindeer
Designer - Durene Jones
First Stitch 07/01/21
Progress 07/04/21
#2021ChristmasInJulySAL

Her charts are definitely cute and I love the drawings she does!

Thanks so much for stopping by,
see you next week with another faithful update!

10 comments:

butterfly said...

Cute Christmas stitching , and good progress on the Quit block.

Linda said...

Great progress Faith. I love the Christmas ornaments.

Linda

Carol said...

Love the little Durene Jones chart that you chose, Faith--the reindeer will be darling for an ornament for your family this year. What are the other three characters that you stitch besides the reindeer? Happy July to you! ♥

Cathy said...

Those are such cute little ornaments! Thanks for sharing your beautiful stitching!

Manuela said...

Wonderful progress on your squares.
I like the little christmas ornaments. Happy Stitching.
Manuela

Astrids dragon said...

You've chosen a cute set to stitch. I hope you are able to finish them all, the reindeer is a good start!

Mary said...

The ornaments are darling, I especially like the cute penguin. Do you find it a challenge to find a new ornament each year for the penguin? Your making great progress on your quilt!! Each block is a beauty!

Cathy said...

You've already made good progress on the reindeer! It's a cute ornament.

Sheryl said...

Lovely designs, small and with lots of details and pretty colours.

The Crafty Princess said...

Oh my fav is the elf, missed out ha ha.
Happy Christmas in July stitching!
xo Alicia