Sunday, July 11, 2021

My Sunday Stitchy Update 07/11/21

We FINALLY got rain last night and it was crazy! It was proceeded by a hoboob (which is a fancy word for a dust storm) with winds over 50 miles per hour. The street was full of garbage cans (luckily the garbage was picked up that morning) and yard decorations. Then the rain poured down for what seems like forever. There were downed power lines on the next block and our lights were out for hours. Thankfully today is a new day and it doesn't even look like the storm passed thru. 

But now to move on to the important stuff...


I see that last week I forgot to link up to this event... sorry!

Well if you remember last week I said I picked out some smaller and easier ornaments to stitch up this year and I had settled on a set from Durene Jones. Well... I guess I fooled myself because there seems to be a million Xs to each one!

Christmas Characters
Reindeer
Designer - Durene Jones
Progress 07/11/21
#2021ChristmasInJulySAL

This week I have been working on this Reindeer and I just finished the cross stitching on it and will do (and hopefully finish) the backstitching on it tomorrow so I can move on to another.

Well off to start some backstitching! 

Thanks so much for stopping by,
see you next week with another faithful update!

5 comments:

Manuela said...

It will be so beautiful if you done the backstitches.
Have a nice week. Manuela

butterfly said...

Well done Faith ,lovely Christmas stitching .
I need to start my Christmas stitching at the end of the month.
Enjoy your week.

Robin in Virginia said...

Adorable!

Mary said...

Faith that ornament is just adorable! Anything with full coverage takes forever and a day!! I'm glad the storm came and went without any lasting effects. I'm sure being without power in the heat was no picnic!

Cathy said...

I'm glad that storm didn't do any major damage and has now left town. The reindeer is so cute and will look even better with the backstitching.