Sunday, June 05, 2022

My Sunday Stitchy Update 06/05/22

Welcome everyone. I hope you are having a great week.

This week I started a new piece! I haven't had a new start in for a while and after the blackwork finish I felt I deserved something new.

One of my favorite designers is Carolyn Manning because I love symmetrical patterns and quilt square patterns. They have what I call a rhythm to them when you stitch them which I find very relaxing. Since I have a ton of these types of charts in my stash to stitch up "one of these days" I decided this was the day. I received this one recently for Mother's Day and they kitted it all up for me so all I had to do was start it!

Marmalade
Designer - Carolyn Manning
CM Designs
Above is the chart

and this is my progress
First Stitch 05/29/22
Progress 06/05/22

I am enjoying this piece and plan on keeping it out for another week.

Then I need to look for my family Christmas ornaments for Christmas in July!
It is hard to believe that July will be here in a few weeks.

Well that's it for today but I would like to say
thanks for taking a peek at my stitching
see ya next week with another faithful update!

5 comments:

butterfly said...

What a great start , love the chart .
Have a good week hugs June.

Manuela said...

A wonderful new pattern and great start.
I love symmaetrical patterns too.
Have a nice new week. Manuela

MartinaM said...

You're absolutely right, when you've finished a project, start a new one. I like the new thing very much, the patterns are great and everything is right. And your initial progress is significant.
Happy Stitching, Martina

Clare-Aimetu said...

Super start, that's a lovely design, very colourful

Rachel said...

This is very pretty indeed, and you've made a great start - is that the first square finished? :)