Sunday, February 12, 2023

My Sunday Stitchy Update 02/12/23

Good Afternoon Everyone!! 

Today I am just going to jump right into my stitching. This week I have been stitching away on the Happy Valentines Day piece but I also managed to add in part six of the Blackwork SAL.

So first up is the next part of the SAL. 

The Blackwork Stitch Along
#TheBlackworkStitchAlong
Rhona and Eirinn Norrie
Tangled Threads and Things
Progress 02/07/23

Part six are the leaves that are filling in the width of the piece. I wasn't sure about using the orange on them but I think it makes it look kind of like an autumn piece. After I finished them I went back to the Valentines piece.

Happy Valentines Day
Finished 02/11/23

And this piece is now a finish!

I am leaning towards finishing this as a pillow. I have to see what I have in the fabric stash. Then I need to find something else to stitch. Maybe another Valentiny piece? I have never really stitched Valentines before so it might be a good opportunity.

Thanks so much for stopping by,
see you next Sunday with another faithful update!

7 comments:

Manuela said...

Hello Faith,
the orange is beautiful and it looks like autumn leaves.
A wonderful Valentine Stitching.
Have a nice week. Manuela

Robin in Virginia said...

Well done on the Valentine finish, Faith! It is so pretty. Good job on getting the next blackwork section put in. Have a wonderful week!

butterfly said...

Wonderful stitching again .
Have a lovely new week.

Carol said...

Your little Valentine's Day finish is so cute, Faith, and I love that you made it your own with the purple letters and pink hearts. I always enjoy stitching one or two Valentine's Day pieces each year--they kind of brighten up an otherwise dull month :) Enjoy your week ♥

Astrids dragon said...

I love seeing it in orange, it certainly could be an autumn piece.
A very sweet Valentine finish, another one would be perfect to finish out the month.

Rachel said...

Congrats on your sweet finish. I hope you find some suitable fabric, as a mini pillow would be a perfect FFO.
The SAL looks great too. You must be pleased you forged ahead with stitching a lot of the borders.

Katie said...

Love them both. I didn't get my Valentine piece finished this time. That's okay I've had fun stitching other things instead.