Friday, January 05, 2024

December 2023 Stitching Stats!

Here we are at the close of 2023! It seemed like a long time coming and then all of a sudden everything was a rush and it was OVER! 

I feel like I did a lot of stitching this year and it feels good to get so much done. I was VERY busy stitching on Marmalade each and every day so I could finish it and I was so pleased when it was completed. 


Here are my Year-End Stats!

Number of Days Stitched This Month = 31
Number of Days Stitched This Year = 365

Number of *Projects Worked on This Month = 1
     *Includes WIPs, UFOs (which may have already been worked on this year) and new starts.

Number of New Projects Started This Month = 0
Number of New Projects Started This Year = 13

Number of Projects Finished This Month = 1!
Number of Projects *Finished This Year = 15
     *Does Not included any mini finishes.

My one finish for December that finished up the year.

Marmalade
Designer - Carolyn Manning
CM Designs

Finished  12/31/23


Some 2024 plans.

In 2024 I hope that I can stitch at least this amount of stitched but I hope that I can do even more! Maybe I can even clean up some more pieces in my WIP Box or at least not add to many more! 

Katie is doing a few challenges this year that encourage her to stitch and count her stitches. I have decide to join her on a couple and I think it will really help. One is an Acrostic which will encourage me to look thru my WIP Box to find pieces to fit in and the other is a challenge to stitch 2,400 stitches per month. Fortunately for me I can overlap the pieces so no extra projects have to be in the Monthly Stitch pile.

I also joined a Stitch from Stash group which I hope will help me stop buying charts! I have already bought a new Durene Jones chart for this year's ornaments and then at the end of 2023 I bought two new charts I am waiting to be delivered so I should be all set. I am allowed to buy floss if needed for the charts I am working on, so let's see how this goes! 

Thanks for following my stitching progress in 2023
and I hope you will stay tuned for 2024!


5 comments:

butterfly said...

Congrats to your 2023 stitching I have enjoyed looking at everything .
Happy New Year , Hugs June.

Robin in Virginia said...

Marmalade looks fantastic, Faith! I wish you a most successful 2024. Do you use an app to count your stitches? Or physically count them? While I don't track the number of stitches, I do track my time.

Rachel said...

Look at that... more finishes than new starts, and you stitched every day. Well done you!
I like your 2024 plans; nothing too ambitious, and a challenge or two thrown in for fun. Here's hoping 2024 is just as, or even more, successful than 2023.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Stitching every day is amazing, well done. Good luck with all your 2024 plans

Katie said...

So happy you had your happy dance when you wanted. A marked off WIP...WOHOO. I'm glad you joined me in the challenges. They are supposed to be fun. No stress. Can't wait to cheer you along.