Sunday, January 07, 2024

My Sunday Stitchy Update 01/07/24

Well we made it a week into the new year! I hope everyone is enjoying 2024 so far; I know I am. Well all except for this cold weather we are having. I don't enjoy that at all and I am patiently waiting for summer to come back! LOL 

For my stitching plans for 2024, as I stated before; I decided to join my friend Katie in a couple of stitching challenges.

The first challenge is in a facebook group called Magazine Monthly Cross Stitch Challenge though I don't see anyone working on projects from magazines. Every month there is a Theme and and Acrostic that we have to work with. We have to fit our stitching pieces in with these in any way we can! That was the first fun part! LOL  This also means that my set of projects will change monthly and what I am stitching will most likely change every few days! For January (see below) there is the theme and six different letters in the Acrostic so that means seven projects for January. We can set our own goals and then divided them however we want. Since for the second challenge I need 2,400 stitches per month I will divvy that total between the projects I have for the month in the way I think is best for me.


So these are my January goals:


I think it looks pretty reasonable so I should have no problem with this.

Last night I stitched on a project I haven't touched since 2012! I started this in 2011 and it is the Flowers of the Month from Ellen Maurer-Stroh. I had three flowers stitched complete and was almost finished with the fourth when I picked this up. So last night I added some leaves to the June flowers, Wild Rose and here is my progress, 

Progress 07/15/12

Progress 01/06/24
84 Stitches

I hope you enjoyed seeing my flowers from long ago! I think I have a few more oldies in the WIP Box that I need to work on as well.

I also started a new piece. It is a small one with a Dog and a cute saying which is perfect for our house since we have five of them. 

Home is Where the Dog is

 
Progress 01/02/24
94 Stitches

The second challenge in another Facebook group called Semi Sane Stitchers is to simply stitch 2,400 stitches per month on any combination of pieces I want. I could be one piece or a hundred pieces so long as the total comes to 2,400. I think the two of these challenges compliment each other so it should work out perfectly (says the optimistic me).  So as you see I am off to a good start.

Well I think I 'talked' your ears off enough for one day so I will stop for today but...

Thanks for taking a peek at my first stitches of the new year,
I hope to see ya next week with another faithful update!

8 comments:

MartinaM said...

These flowers from EMS are really great, I saved them too, but haven't stitched any yet. So I look forward to your progress.
An interesting challenge, I've never counted the stitch crosses before, so I have no idea how many I stitch a day or a week.
Have a nice week, Martina

butterfly said...

You are a little busy bee , love the flowers .
I need to pop my hand into my Wip box to , I just hope I can get it back out again ha it's so deep.
Have a fun year , hugs June.

Clare-Aimetu said...

There are so many groups and SALs, isn't it great how sharing and inclusive stitching is. You've made a great start to 2024

Robin in Virginia said...

Your flower piece is looking good as is the dog piece, Faith. I look forward to seeing your progress on your January plans.

Katie said...

That's one thing I really love about these challenges. A push to work on everything in the WIP process. I just love the progress on both. The dog piece is perfect of course. Spike says so haha. Have a fantastic week ahead.

Rachel said...

It sounds like you're really excited about these two challenges! How different it will be seeing you regularly swap projects rather than focusing on just one for a week or month.
I remember when I did #24 how much I enjoyed slotting WIPs into acrostics, and hope you enjoy that bit too, especially when you have to shoe-horn!

Manuela said...

The flowers from EMS Design are wonderful. I'm looking forward to the next flower.
Have fun with your Challenges.
Manuela

Carol said...

Both challenges look fun and doable, Faith. I'm curious as to how you keep track of the number of stitches you do each month? Love your old flower piece--I remember those! Hope you keep on working on it this year. Your dog piece is perfect for all the dog lovers out there. I'm more of a cat person--ha ha :)

Glad your new year is off to a wonderful start--hope it warms up for you! We had snow this past weekend--loved seeing it as we've had so little this year! ♥