Sunday, April 21, 2024

My Sunday Stitchy Update 04/21/24

Well... here it is Sunday again! That means it is time for my weekly update. 

We are really warming up here where I am.  Last week it was in the 80s with a couple of 90s thrown in for fun! And we are expecting more of the same this week.  Hope you guys are having some great weather too. 

So let's see what I put some Xs in last week:

First I worked on the Peppermint Purple 2024 SAL. It is very relaxing to stitch, just making straight lines but I really can't wait until I get to the fills! 

2024 Blackwork SAL
 
Progress 04/15/24
278 stitches


Then I worked on an oldie but definitely a goodie. I have been working on this one for a very very long time. There are only TWO more blocks left and hopefully I will get to them soon. I like how I did this block with the variegated floss; round and round instead of row by row. I think the effect turned out interesting and I love it. 

Quilt Block Sampler
Designer - Loretta Oliver
Progress 04/19/24
396 stitches


Then of course I pulled out the bunnies AKA Rabbit Silhouettes. It certainly doesn't look like it will be finished by the end of the month but I will try my best! I have three more stitching group meetings which is where I stitch on this piece but I will have to stitch A LOT OF Xs to finish it off so I will have to see how it goes. 

Rabbit Silhouettes
Progress 04/16/24
181 stitches

That is 855 stitches for the week.

Sorry, I know I am behind on some blogs but I have been trying to catch up with them. I think I am almost there!! YaY

Well thanks for taking a peek at my stitching
see ya next week with another faithful update
in the meantime take care of yourself.

5 comments:

MartinaM said...

Your Blackworks SAL is growing and I’m also excited about the fillings.
I'm curious to see what the Quilt Block Sampler looks like as a whole.
Have a nice week, Martina

butterfly said...

Well done on your stitching you are steaming ahead .
I seem to have slowed down, maybe I need to pull out a few new ones. Have a great week hugs June.

Manuela said...

Hello Faith,
good progress on all your wips. I'm looking forward to the first fill-in-blocks in your blackwork.
Have a nice week. Manuela

Robin in Virginia said...

Fabulous progress on each of your pieces, Faith! We had a 90 degree take here last Monday. Too warm for me! I woke up to 36 degrees this morning and we will only see about 70 today. More my speed! Have a wonderful week!

Katie said...

Yuck keep your heat over there. We've had to put the heat on twice here in Indiana haha. Today it's a one window open kind of day but light jacket if outside. I love those days. We'll be sweating soon enough.

I love watching your pieces change and grow. I agree with you about the round and round on Quilt block. Beautiful effect. Wow just two blocks to go?!

Good luck with those X's on the rabbits. No talking Just stitch haha.