Sunday, August 25, 2024

My Sunday Stitchy Update 08/25/24

Welcome to my place today. First I would like to apologize for the late and slow replies I have been making to comments. I really have no excuse other than being lazy and taking an email break lately. Sometimes I feel like I get more junk email than I get in the regular mail.😜Anyways, for now I can't wait to show you what stitching I have been busy doing this week.

First up are the Christmas Ornaments. I took this out on Monday evening but fell asleep mid-stitch! I did manage to get in 50 stitches before I drifted off to dreamland!! So I ended up continuing it on Tuesday evening at the stitching gathering.

Small Christmas Ornaments  
Durene Jones
Progress 08/20/24
Added in 202 stitches

After that I thought I should stitch on something colorful so I could try to stay awake while stitching!

Twisted Rainbow Sampler
Progress 08/21/24
Added 212 stitches this week

Then I decided to work on my favorite piece at the moment, the Blackwork SAL! I really wish it was time for me to add the fills.

2024 Blackwork SAL
Progress 08/22/24
This week I added 211 stitches to the border.

Then it was "Stitching at the Mall Day" so I took my sampler about stitching and stashing! Unfortunately I didn't get in very many stitches at the mall. I guess there were to many distractions today. So I stitched on it when I got home instead. 

I Stitch Sampler
Rhona Norrie
Progress 08/23/24
212 stitches for the week!

Then to finish out my week of stitches I got out the pretty cascade of flowers to work on. I love this piece but there are so many color changes because each flower has a different colorway to it.

The Flower A Day
Progress 08/24/24
100 stitches for the week!

And that brought us to 938 stitches for the week! 
YAY

If you are still here I would like to show you the Birthday Card I sent to a friend this week. The stitching has been finished for a couple of months but I just FFO'd it last week. 
 
Happy Birthday Card
Astor Place
'Greeting Cards for All Seasons'

I hope she likes it.

So that is all I did last week, well all the stitching I did anyways!

I am sure that all of you know that housework and "other" somewhat boring but necessary stuff never ends while it eats up our crafting time. 🀣

πŸ’œ   πŸ’œ   πŸ’œ

So once again thanks so much for stopping by to see what I stitched!
I truly appreciate each and everyone of you.
So until we meet again, stay happy and safe.

πŸ’œ   πŸ’œ   πŸ’œ

ps...I will TRY my best to catch up on some emails this week.

8 comments:

butterfly said...

Wonderful up date on your stitching , hugs June.

Manuela said...

Beautiful progress on your wip. Great progress on you blackwork wip.
Have a nice week. Manuela

diamondc said...

Hi Faith: I like the little snowman so cute, I had to giggle about falling asleep, Twisted rainbow is lovely, I like doing a one color thread, I have done some blackwork but not lately, oh my I Stitch is a cute design, of course stash is a must have. The Flower A Day is a beautiful design, I am looking forward to seeing it finished, love the birthday card wonderful idea for a gift, cards are so expensive these days.
Yes housework does get in the way of stitching.
Catherine

Robin in Virginia said...

Love how the birthday card turned out, Faith! I think you made good progress on everything you worked on. Hope you have a good last week of August.

Carol said...

You have such a nice variety of projects in the works, Faith! Love those cute snowmen. And the birthday card looks so cute. I'm sure your friend will love it. Yes, why do those "necessary" chores have to interfere with our stitching time :) Enjoy this last bit of August! ♥

Linda said...

Cute finish Faith. Great progress on all of your other projects.

Linda

MartinaM said...

How beautiful your progress, I also saw work that you haven't had under the needle for a while. It's great that it changes so much.
Happy Stitching, Martina

Katie said...

I just love seeing them side by side. Beautiful progress pictures! Thanks for sharing. Hugs.