Sunday, September 29, 2024

My Sunday Stitchy Update 09/29/24

Hello Everyone! First off I want to say I have been praying that all the people on the East coast are safe and sound after Helene came through their area. Some of the damage that I saw of North Carolina  was horrifying and I hope that everyone will get the help they need soon. 

So on a lighter note ~ what is everyone up too? I hope it involves some kind of crafting while you were enjoying the last few days of Summer. It is now Fall here but we are still breaking record highs. I wish that Mother Nature could get back on the right weather track but that is another story for another time and place. 

I have been doing some stitching; some good and some not so good. I don't understand what is going on with me but I hope that I am able to get back on the correct path too.

So here comes the stitches!! 

I started off the week with a FINISH of one of my smaller stitches. I would like to put a saying on this piece so if you have a good idea let me know

Rabbit Silhouettes
Finish 09/22/24
The last 125 stitches were stitched YAY!


After that one of the prompts I had was to stitch something YELLOW. I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to stitched one of the lines in the Twisted Rainbow! 

Twisted Rainbow Sampler

Progress 009/23/24
Added 207 yellow stitches


The next day I worked on a favorite of mine even if it is taking a long time! 

Temperature Library
Designer - Kristi DiClemente
 
Progress 09/24/24
210 stitches added - that is seven shelves stitched with five to go!


Next on the list is a Christmas design!

String of Lights Christmas Tree
Artist - Ruth
Progress 09/25/24
231 Stitches in Lights!!


Now for another Christmas design!

The Enchanted Christmas Snowman
Progress 09/26/24
Added 102 stitches this week.


And now for the BIG MESS of the week...

2024 Blackwork SAL
  

I was getting ready to stitch on this piece but when I was looking at it something seemed a little off on the right side of the design. Soooo I counted and counted and counted one more time only to discover that the box the arrow is pointing too is one stitch short for the height! I think I was getting a little anxious because that was the marker that I used for stitching every other thing on the lower half of the design. So I said now what!? The answer came from that little place in my sane brain and it said you obviously have to frog the entire thing and start over. I had to take out 798 single stitches which counts as 399 blackwork stitches. It took me TWO days but it is all out and ready for some more stitching but NOT TODAY! If it is lucky, then maybe one day this week it will get some attention.

Now it is time for me to go stitch on something and hopefully concentrate and be mistake free!

Thanks for checking out my stitching progress!
I appreciate and look forward to your company and comments each week.
💜💜💜     ðŸ’œ   ðŸ’œ   ðŸ’œ     ðŸ’œðŸ’œðŸ’œ


6 comments:

diamondc said...

Hi Faith: Wow so many designs going at once, I lose my mojo if I have more then one or two going at once, you are brave to have so many lovely designs going.
I am so sorry you had to rip out so many stitches, that is a boat load of stitches.
The bunnies are adorable, i do like the color purple, I am not sure what saying to put on them, I will be looking for the saying you do come up with.

Catherine

butterfly said...

You are also busy with many designs , I try to stitch on one then pick another one up, and so on. But it's fun . Hugs June.

Robin in Virginia said...

Well done on the bunny finish, Faith! I am sorry that you had to spend two days frogging on the blackwork piece. I think I would have tossed it in timeout. Can't wait to see what you work on this week!

Katie said...

Beautiful stitching until that darn visit from the frog. I just HATE it when you find it so late. Hopefully now the frog hops away and leaves you alone for a long long time.

MartinaM said...

Other projects with great progress. Oh, that's annoying when you've already done so much and then have to unravel it again, sometimes you can leave it alone, other times you can't.
Have a great time
Martina

Manuela said...

So many great progresses on your wips.
Have a nice time. Manuela