Sunday, October 06, 2024

My Sunday Stitchy Update 10/06/24

Hello Everyone! I am glad you made it here. 

We are still having record making days of high temperatures here! As much as I love the heat, I think I am ready for some cooler weather. Everyone you talk to is miserable and I think it is because they can't spend any time outdoors. When we meet at our local mall to stitch it is crowded with people trying to stay cool while getting out of the house. 

There is not much more happening on my end. How is it going with all of you? I hope all is well with everyone. 

So I would like to show you my stitching for the last week. 

The first thing I stitched was the Vase of Flowers. I needed to stitch something with water. Although you can't actually see the water it is a given that there will be some for the flowers.  I can't believe how many stitches there are in this small piece! I feel like I will never finish the blue background. 

Vase of Flowers
 
Progress 09/30/24
Added another 204 stitches


Then the next day I was to stitch on a WIP that has shifted my focus away from my older WIPs and lately that has been the Stephen King House. I am very anxious to get started on Stephen King's characters so I am sticking this chart in anywhere I can! 

Stephen King House
Progress 10/01/24
added 107 stitches


After that I needed to stitch on a WIP with something scary in it. Personally Dinosaurs are pretty scary to me. If I was somewhere and saw one I don't know what kind of reaction I would have besides trying to get as far away from them as I could! How about you?? 

Dinosaurs
Flumpkins X Stitchers
Artist - Stephen Michael Gardner
Progress 10/03/24
110 stitches added over two days


Then I need a WIP that represents something I dream about. This was a tough one but they didn't say it couldn't be a day dream! I am constantly thinking about the temperatures and the books that will go on the shelves. The way I see it all the books are going to be one stinking color because our temperatures here hover around the same numbers day in and day out. I do think I have an idea though so stay tuned to see what it is going to be! 

Temperature Library
Kristi’s Corner Needlework (Etsy)
Designer - Kristi DiClemente
 
Progress 10/04/24
Added 345 stitches!!


So that brought me to the prompt that wants me to stitch on a WIP that contains something that can be found in, or represents California. Well this is a new piece, that is now a WIP! When you travel through the Southwest states of USA you will find tons of cacti because we are located in the desert. I live in Arizona and the Saguaro Cactus are a protected plant meaning there are laws in place that prevent theft or destruction of a Saguaro. If they interfere with private construction projects, state permits are required to move the specimen out of the way. They also have a respected place among native people in Arizona. Sorry I went off in a different direction! 

Santa Fe Christmas
Jeanette Crews Designs, Inc.
no link for her
Progress 10/05/24
started with 213 stitches

Well that about covers everything in my week. Once again thanks for stopping by!

Enjoy your week and I hope you get in some stitching!

💜
💜💜💜
💜   💜   💜

No comments: